News about Alexander Grischuk
- Carlsen and So lead Grand Chess Tour Paris 2017 after Round 3 RapidThe first stop of the Grand Chess Tour 2017, the Grand Chess Tour Paris 2017, kicked off with three rapid games in one day. The Grand Chess Tour Paris 2017 is composed of 9 rounds of Rapid Chess, with the time control of 25 minutes for each player for the whole game plus 10 seconds … Continue reading “Carlsen and So lead Grand Chess Tour Paris 2017 after Round 3 Rapid”Advertisements
- Grand Chess Tour Paris 2017 Rapid Games
- May 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateIn this month’s FIDE ratings update, Vladimir Kramnik is back at No. 3 and Levon Aronian at No. 6. FIDE Ratings Top 20 – May 2017 Check out the complete Top 100 list for May 2017.
- March 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateGM Wesley So is now officially the No. 2 chess player in the world, in the March 2017 FIDE Ratings list, up one notch from last month’s. Moreover, it should be noted that this is the first time that there are 5 2800+ players in the list, after MVL made a comeback to the 2800-club. … Continue reading “March 2017 FIDE Ratings Update”
- February 2017 FIDE Ratings Update: Wesley So is No. 3Following his outstanding performance in Tata Steel Masters 2017, Wesley So is now the world’s number 3 in the official FIDE Ratings List, with a rating of 2822. Despite the Live Ratings indicating So as now No. 2 after Fabiano Caruana dropped some ELO points to today’s 2820, Caruana’s sub-optimal performance from Gibraltar are not … Continue reading “February 2017 FIDE Ratings Update: Wesley So is No. 3”
- FIDE Ratings – January 2017Wesley So starts the year 2017 being part of the 2800 club. In the official FIDE Ratings list for January 2017, he’s at the 4th place with 2808 ELO points, up 14 points from last month. He overtook Maxime Vachier-Lagrave after winning the London Chess Classic back in December. See below the Top 20 list: … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings – January 2017”
- November 2016 FIDE Ratings UpdateIn the past month, Ian Nepomniachtchi won the Tal Memorial and Pavel Eljanov won the Isle of Man. Thus, we see their ratings improve in the November 2016 FIDE Ratings List. Nepomniachtchi is now at No. 12 with ELO 2767 and Eljanov at No. 16 with ELO 2757. Vladimir Kramnik slid down from No. 2 … Continue reading “November 2016 FIDE Ratings Update”
- FIDE Ratings Update – October 2016A few big tournaments are still ongoing, namely: Isle of Man and Tal Memorial, thus their results are not yet counted for the October update of the FIDE Ratings List. Nevertheless, a few changes happened since last month. Vladimir Kramnik retakes the 2nd place from Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, and Wesley So overtakes Hikaru Nakamura at the … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings Update – October 2016”
- FIDE Ratings Update — September 2016It’s the beginning of the month, and thus a new ratings update. A lot of rearrangements happen in the Top 20, but the composition is basically still the same. Fabiano Caruana gained 1 ELO rating point to catch up with Vladimir Kramnik at 2808. Wesley So gained 11 ELO rating points (2782) from his stellar … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings Update — September 2016”
- FIDE Ratings Update — August 2016Maxime Vachier-Lagrave takes the 2nd spot, but can he maintain the momentum come Sinquefield Cup 2016?
Discuss about Alexander Grischuk
- May 2017 FIDE Ratings Update