News about Alexander Grischuk
- November 2016 FIDE Ratings UpdateIn the past month, Ian Nepomniachtchi won the Tal Memorial and Pavel Eljanov won the Isle of Man. Thus, we see their ratings improve in the November 2016 FIDE Ratings List. Nepomniachtchi is now at No. 12 with ELO 2767 and Eljanov at No. 16 with ELO 2757. Vladimir Kramnik slid down from No. 2 … Continue reading “November 2016 FIDE Ratings Update”Advertisements
- FIDE Ratings Update – October 2016A few big tournaments are still ongoing, namely: Isle of Man and Tal Memorial, thus their results are not yet counted for the October update of the FIDE Ratings List. Nevertheless, a few changes happened since last month. Vladimir Kramnik retakes the 2nd place from Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, and Wesley So overtakes Hikaru Nakamura at the … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings Update – October 2016”
- FIDE Ratings Update — September 2016It’s the beginning of the month, and thus a new ratings update. A lot of rearrangements happen in the Top 20, but the composition is basically still the same. Fabiano Caruana gained 1 ELO rating point to catch up with Vladimir Kramnik at 2808. Wesley So gained 11 ELO rating points (2782) from his stellar … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings Update — September 2016”
- FIDE Ratings Update — August 2016Maxime Vachier-Lagrave takes the 2nd spot, but can he maintain the momentum come Sinquefield Cup 2016?
- Alexander Grischuk Beats Ding Liren in a Mini MatchFrom 19th to 22nd July the Chinese number one Ding Liren, with a rating of 2778 currently number eight in the world, and Russian grandmaster Alexander Grischuk, with a rating of 2747 currently number 18 in the world, played a four-game match in Wenzhou, China. Grischuk won the first game from a worse position and … Continue reading “Alexander Grischuk Beats Ding Liren in a Mini Match”
- FIDE Ratings List July 2016The FIDE Ratings List updated for July 2016 is here. Check out the top 20 in the table below.
- June 2016 FIDE Ratings ListCheck out the current top 20 in the world in the list that follows.
- May 2016 FIDE Ratings ListThe updated ratings for May 2016 are out. Here’s the the top 20: See how 80% of the Top 10 are 90’s babies, i.e., they were born in the 1990’s. It speaks volumes about the quality of computer support these kids got especially when they were starting out. Anyway, Wesley So retains his hold onto … Continue reading “May 2016 FIDE Ratings List”