News about Ian Nepomniachtchi
- Your Next Move 2017 Blitz GamesAdvertisementsAdvertisements
- Wesley So leads Your Next Move 2017 after the Rapid RoundsAfter 9 rounds of rapid games, Wesley So is on top of the ranking for Your Next Move 2017, the 2nd leg of the Grand Chess Tour 2017, currently happening in Leuven, Belgium. There are 18 rounds of blitz games still left in the tournament.
- Wesley So defeated former and current world champions and leads Leuven after 6 rapid roundsDay 2 of Your Next Move 2017, the second leg of Grand Chess Tour 2017, resumed in Leuven, Belgium for Rounds 4 to 6 of Rapid games. The Your Next Move 2017 tournament format can be best described by the following chart: Your Next Move 2017 Tournament Format After 6 rounds of rapid chess, 22 … Continue reading “Wesley So defeated former and current world champions and leads Leuven after 6 rapid rounds”
- Wesley So leads Your Next Move 2017 after Rapid Round 3Your Next Move 2017 is the second leg of the Grand Chess Tour 2017, which is currently happening in the city of Leuven in Belgium. Just like the GCT Paris, Your Next Move comprises 9 rounds of rapid games and 18 blitz games. Rapid games are scored 2 points for a win and 1 point … Continue reading “Wesley So leads Your Next Move 2017 after Rapid Round 3”
- Your Next Move 2017 Rapid Games
- May 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateIn this month’s FIDE ratings update, Vladimir Kramnik is back at No. 3 and Levon Aronian at No. 6. FIDE Ratings Top 20 – May 2017 Check out the complete Top 100 list for May 2017.
- March 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateGM Wesley So is now officially the No. 2 chess player in the world, in the March 2017 FIDE Ratings list, up one notch from last month’s. Moreover, it should be noted that this is the first time that there are 5 2800+ players in the list, after MVL made a comeback to the 2800-club. … Continue reading “March 2017 FIDE Ratings Update”
- Grand Chess Tour 2017 Schedule and Confirmed Participants (so far)Eight of the top ten players are set to participate in the 2017 edition of the Grand Chess Tour. One rapid and blitz event was added to the events line-up from last year, i.e., the Saint Louis Rapid, which should follow soon after the Sinquefield Cup. It’s a great year ahead, indeed, for chess fans … Continue reading “Grand Chess Tour 2017 Schedule and Confirmed Participants (so far)”
- February 2017 FIDE Ratings Update: Wesley So is No. 3Following his outstanding performance in Tata Steel Masters 2017, Wesley So is now the world’s number 3 in the official FIDE Ratings List, with a rating of 2822. Despite the Live Ratings indicating So as now No. 2 after Fabiano Caruana dropped some ELO points to today’s 2820, Caruana’s sub-optimal performance from Gibraltar are not … Continue reading “February 2017 FIDE Ratings Update: Wesley So is No. 3”
- Wesley So wins Tata Steel Masters 2017 TitleThis is Wesley So‘s 56th game without a loss. His last loss was in Round 4 of Bilbao Masters Final 2016 against the World Champion, Magnus Carlsen, where he finished fourth. Moreover, this is his third super-tournament title in a row, following the Sinquefield Cup and London Chess Classic. Wesley So, playing as black, won … Continue reading “Wesley So wins Tata Steel Masters 2017 Title”
Discuss about Ian Nepomniachtchi
- May 2017 FIDE Ratings Update