News about Levon Aronian
- Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 Blitz Day 1 Results and StandingsAfter the first round robin blitz games (9 games), Carlsen led with 7 points, ahead of Nakamura by half a point. See standings below: # Name Pts SB 1 Carlsen, Magnus 7.0 30.25 2 Nakamura, Hikaru 6.5 24.50 3 Caruana, Fabiano 5.5 20.00 4 Aronian, Levon 5.0 20.50 5 Vachier-Lagrave, Maxime 4.5 20.50 Kramnik, Vladimir … Continue reading “Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 Blitz Day 1 Results and Standings”Advertisements
- Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 – Blitz Round
- Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 Rapid ResultsAfter 2 grueling days of rapid games, Hikaru Nakamura came out on top with 7 points (out of 9), half a point ahead of the world champion Magnus Carlsen (6.5 points). Wesley So came in third with 5 1/2 points, tied with Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, but ahead in tiebreak points. Replay all the rapid games. Photo … Continue reading “Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 Rapid Results”
- Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 Rapid Day 1 ResultsWesley So beats Magnus Carlsen and Levon Aronian in rapid games, but lost to Maxime Vachier-Lagrave.
- Wesley So beats Magnus Carlsen in Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 — Rapid Round 1Apparently, Carlsen was winning the Rapid Round 1 game but lost on time.
- Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 – Rapid Round
- June 2016 FIDE Ratings ListCheck out the current top 20 in the world in the list that follows.
- Levon Aronian on Chess TrainingLevon Aronian: As a rule, a strong chess player never trains with a strong chess player. You discover new steps and develop new strategies during the game, and it’s not desirable that another strong chess player knows about them. That’s why there are special assistants, who, although being good players, are not the strongest. A … Continue reading “Levon Aronian on Chess Training”
- May 2016 FIDE Ratings ListThe updated ratings for May 2016 are out. Here’s the the top 20: See how 80% of the Top 10 are 90’s babies, i.e., they were born in the 1990’s. It speaks volumes about the quality of computer support these kids got especially when they were starting out. Anyway, Wesley So retains his hold onto … Continue reading “May 2016 FIDE Ratings List”
- Carlsen wins Norway Chess 2016Chessbase: After seven rounds Magnus Carlsen looked almost certain to win the Altibox Norway Chess tournament. But then he lost against Levon Aronian in round eight, endangering his tournament win. But things went his way in round nine. Aronian drew against Pentala Harikrishna while Carlsen defeated Pavel Eljanov to win Norway Chess for the first … Continue reading “Carlsen wins Norway Chess 2016”
Discuss about Levon Aronian
- Grand Chess Tour Paris 2016 Rapid Results