News about Samuel Shankland
- US Chess Championship 2018 Ranking after Round 7Fabiano Caruana defeats Varuzhan Akobian in the 7th round to share the lead with Samuel Shankland with 4 rounds to go at the US Chess Championship 2018. Wesley So trails at 3rd place with 4.5 points. Replay games here. AdvertisementsAdvertisements
- US Chess Championship 2018
- Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 TitleWesley So and Alexander Onischuk were tied for first place at the end of the final Round 11. Two rapid tie-break games were all it took to decide the US Chess Champion for 2017 — no need for an Armageddon game. US Chess Championship 2017 Tie-Break Results Wesley So won the first game after opting … Continue reading “Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 Title”
- Wesley So and Alexander Onischuk Headed to the Playoff for the US Chess Championship 2017 TitleWesley So settled for draw after a three-fold repetition against Daniel Naroditsky in the final Round 11 of US Chess Championship 2017 after just 14 moves. Wesley was so disappointed he was forced by Naroditsky to a draw, he hurriedly went out of the playing building and refused to give interviews. Wesley later commented on … Continue reading “Wesley So and Alexander Onischuk Headed to the Playoff for the US Chess Championship 2017 Title”
- So and Akobian Lead US Chess Championship 2017 after Round 9, with 2 Rounds to goIn Round 9 action of the US Chess Championship 2017, Wesley So won against Jeffery Xiong, while Hikaru Nakamura and Fabiano Caruana both lost to Alexander Onischuk and Varuzhan Akobian, respectively. Replay all Round 9 games below: Thus, at the end of Round 9, Wesley So and Varuzhan Akobian share the lead, with two more … Continue reading “So and Akobian Lead US Chess Championship 2017 after Round 9, with 2 Rounds to go”
- So vs. Nakamura in Round 8 US Chess Championship 2017Here’s the match-ups for the 8th round of the US CHess Championship 2017: Most interesting is the match up between Wesley So and Hikaru Nakamura.
- US Chess Championship 2017 Round 7 ResultsYaroslav Zherebukh wins against Fabiano Caruana in Round 7 of the US Chess Championship 2017, to join Wesley So at the top of the ranking. Wesley So, meanwhile, splits the point with Ray Robson in the same round. US Chess Championship 2017 Round 7 Results Replay Round 7 games below:
- Round 6 US Chess Championship 2017 – Caruana WinsFabiano Caruana clinched a win against Gata Kamsky in Round 6 of US Chess Championship 2017, to share the second place with 4 others at the end of the round. This is Caruana’s first win in the tournament. Wesley So still leads with 4 points out of six games. US Chess Championship 2017 Round 6 … Continue reading “Round 6 US Chess Championship 2017 – Caruana Wins”
- Wesley So Retains Lead By the End of Round 5 – US Chess Championship 2017Wesley So drew his game against Yaroslav Zherebukh in Round 5 of the US Chess Championship 2017, to retain his lead going into the break day. Varuzhan Akobian and Ray Robson won their games in Round 5 to join the 3 others in second place. Gata Kamsky won too. Check out the results of Round … Continue reading “Wesley So Retains Lead By the End of Round 5 – US Chess Championship 2017”
- Wesley So Leads US Chess Championship 2017 after Round 4Wesley So won with white against Alexander Onischuk in Round 4 of the US Chess Championship 2017, to take the solo lead of the tournament. Replay the game below: The rest of the Round 4 games were drawn: This is the 60th consecutive no-loss game of Wesley So.
Discuss about Samuel Shankland
- Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 Title