News about Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- May 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateIn this month’s FIDE ratings update, Vladimir Kramnik is back at No. 3 and Levon Aronian at No. 6. FIDE Ratings Top 20 – May 2017 Check out the complete Top 100 list for May 2017. AdvertisementsAdvertisements
- Mamedyarov Wins Shamkir Chess 2017Shakhriyar Mamedyarov successfully defended his title as he won the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial — Shamkir Chess 2017. This happened despite having lost the Round 8 game against Radoslaw Wojtaszek. Wesley So wasn’t able to catch up as he drew both his Round 8 and 9 games. Round 8 Results Karjakin, Sergey – Eljanov, Pavel … Continue reading “Mamedyarov Wins Shamkir Chess 2017”
- Topalov, So and Mamedyarov win in Round 6 Shamkir Chess 2017It was an action-packed Round 6 of the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017, as 3 of the 5 games were decisive. It’s now two-in-a-row for Wesley So, after a slow start in this tournament, as he won this round again, this time against Sergey Karjakin.
- Wesley So Beats Kramnik in Round 5 Shamkir Chess 2017Wesley So won his Round 5 game against the former World Champion, Vladimir Kramnik, in the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017. As such, So reclaimed the 2nd place in the live ratings ranking: Meanwhile, Sergey Karjakin also won in this round against another former FIDE World Champion, Veselin Topalov.
- Kramnik wins in Round 4 Shamkir Chess 2017Vladimir Kramnik won his game against Pentala Harikrishna in Round 4 of 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial — Shamkir Chess 2017. The rest of the match-ups were drawn. Shamkir Chess 2017 Round 4 Results Thus, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov still leads at the end of Round 4, with 5 more rounds to go:
- Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017The defending champion, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, defeated Pavel Eljanov in Round 3 of the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017, to take solo lead after the round with 2.5 points. Shamkir Chess 2017 Round 3 Results Replay all Round 3 games below: Shamkir Chess 2017 Ranking After Round 3 Replay all Shamkir Chess 2017 … Continue reading “Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017”
- Pavel Eljanov Leads Shamkir Chess 2017 after Round 2Replay the games here.
- 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017
- March 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateGM Wesley So is now officially the No. 2 chess player in the world, in the March 2017 FIDE Ratings list, up one notch from last month’s. Moreover, it should be noted that this is the first time that there are 5 2800+ players in the list, after MVL made a comeback to the 2800-club. … Continue reading “March 2017 FIDE Ratings Update”
- February 2017 FIDE Ratings Update: Wesley So is No. 3Following his outstanding performance in Tata Steel Masters 2017, Wesley So is now the world’s number 3 in the official FIDE Ratings List, with a rating of 2822. Despite the Live Ratings indicating So as now No. 2 after Fabiano Caruana dropped some ELO points to today’s 2820, Caruana’s sub-optimal performance from Gibraltar are not … Continue reading “February 2017 FIDE Ratings Update: Wesley So is No. 3”
Discuss about Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- March 2017 FIDE Ratings Update