News about Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- More Draws in Round 8 – Tal Memorial 2016All games were drawn once again in Round 8 of Tal Memorial 2016. Ian Nepomniachtchi still leads by half a point over Anish Giri. Ranking after Round 8 follows: AdvertisementsAdvertisements
- All Draws in Round 7 Tal Memorial 2016It was a quiet day at Moscow, as all 5 games were drawn in the 7th round of Tal Memorial 2016. Round 7 match-ups and results follow:
- FIDE Ratings Update – October 2016A few big tournaments are still ongoing, namely: Isle of Man and Tal Memorial, thus their results are not yet counted for the October update of the FIDE Ratings List. Nevertheless, a few changes happened since last month. Vladimir Kramnik retakes the 2nd place from Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, and Wesley So overtakes Hikaru Nakamura at the … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings Update – October 2016”
- Ian Nepomniachtchi retakes the lead at the end of Round 6, Tal Memorial 2016Anish Giri lost to Levon Aronian, while Ian Nepomniachtchi won against Shakhriyar Mamedyarov in Round 6 of Tal Memorial 2016. Boris Gelfand suffered his 5th loss in 6 games in Round 6 as well. Ranking after Round 6 follows: Replay all the games: 10th Mikhail Tal Memorial 2016 (Moscow RUS). Read more.
- 10th Mikhail Tal Memorial 2016 (Moscow RUS)
- Nepomniachtchi and Giri Lead Tal Memorial 2016 after Round 3Ian Nepomniachtchi and Anish Giri win anew in Round 3 of Tal Memorial 2016, this time against Vladimir Kramnik and Evgeny Tomashevsky, respectively. Ranking after Round 3 follows: Replay all games: 10th Mikhail Tal Memorial 2016 (Moscow RUS)
- Tal Memorial 2016 Ranking After Round 2In Round 1, we saw Ian Nepomniachtchi winning against Evgeny Tomashevsky, while in Round 2, Viswanathan Anand won against Shakhriyar Mamedyarov and Anish Giri toppled Boris Gelfand. Thus, ranking after Round 2 follows:
- Tal Memorial 2016Another strong tournament is happening beginning this weekend. It is still strong, with an average rating of 2760, despite the absence of the World Champion, Magnus Carlsen, and the Americans (you know who). See line up in the press release below:
- FIDE Ratings Update — September 2016It’s the beginning of the month, and thus a new ratings update. A lot of rearrangements happen in the Top 20, but the composition is basically still the same. Fabiano Caruana gained 1 ELO rating point to catch up with Vladimir Kramnik at 2808. Wesley So gained 11 ELO rating points (2782) from his stellar … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings Update — September 2016”
- FIDE Ratings Update — August 2016Maxime Vachier-Lagrave takes the 2nd spot, but can he maintain the momentum come Sinquefield Cup 2016?
Discuss about Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
- Nepomniachtchi and Giri Lead Tal Memorial 2016 after Round 3