News about Varuzhan Akobian
- Replay: US Chess Championships 2017AdvertisementsAdvertisements
- Nakamura wins Gibraltar 2017 titleHikaru Nakamura and Yu Yangyi won their respective games in the final Round 10 of Tradewise Gibraltar Masters 2017, to get a shot at the title when David Antón Guijarro drew his game against Michael Adams. At the end of Round 10, Guijarro, Nakamura, and Yu were tied, thus necessitated a playoff: Tradewise Gibraltar Masters … Continue reading “Nakamura wins Gibraltar 2017 title”
- Guijarro leads Gibraltar 2017 with 1 round to goDavid Anton Guijarro beats Veselin Topalov in the penultimate Round 9 of Tradewise Gibraltar Masters 2017 () to take the solo lead with 1 round to go. He might only be the 24th seed (ELO 2650) coming into this tournament, but he finds himself ahead of household names in the chess world such as Hikaru … Continue reading “Guijarro leads Gibraltar 2017 with 1 round to go”
- US Chess Championship 2016 (All Games) Replay
- US Chess Championship 2016 Final StandingsFabiano Caruana wins his last game against IM Akshat Chandra to establish a full point solo lead at the recently concluded US Chess Championship 2016. Wesley So settled for 2nd place where he shared the score 7.5 with Hikaru Nakamura.
- US Championship Open?On Chessbase news: US Championship 2016 – The strongest ever? Three top ten players start in the US Championship 2016 and nominally it is the strongest US Championship of all times. But can you really compare today’s tournaments with those of the past? Andy Soltis takes a look at previous Championships that were surprisingly strong and … Continue reading “US Championship Open?”
- So’s Sweet RevengeUS Chess Champs, 5: So’s sweet revenge In 2015 Wesley So’s US Championship was derailed when he lost a 6-move forfeit game against Varuzhan Akobian. This year they got to play a full game, or at least 24 moves, which was all it took for So to crush his opponent. Sweet revenge, indeed!
Discuss about Varuzhan Akobian
- US Chess Championship 2016 Final Standings