News about Vassily Ivanchuk
- FIDE Ratings – January 2017Wesley So starts the year 2017 being part of the 2800 club. In the official FIDE Ratings list for January 2017, he’s at the 4th place with 2808 ELO points, up 14 points from last month. He overtook Maxime Vachier-Lagrave after winning the London Chess Classic back in December. See below the Top 20 list: … Continue reading “FIDE Ratings – January 2017”Advertisements
- December 2016 FIDE Ratings UpdateAt the end of 12 rounds of classical-format games in the World Championship where the score was tied at 6 points apiece, Magnus Carlsen lost 13 ELO points, while the Challenger Sergey Karjakin gained 13. The latter thus climbed from No. 9 to No. 6 in the process. Levon Aronian, with his sub par performance … Continue reading “December 2016 FIDE Ratings Update”
- Baku 2016 Chess Olympiad (Open): Round 5 Results, Ranking after Round 5, and Round 6 Team PairingsOpen – Round 5 Results Even without its perennial top board, Vassily Ivanchuk, who preferred to play in a draughts tournament rather than chess, Ukraine are toppling down top teams, Russia in Round 4, and now the defending champion, China, in Round 5.
- Video: Kramnik vs. Ivanchuk, Russia vs. Ukraine — 2012 Chess OlympiadHave you ever seen Vasily Ivanchuk so nervous as in this game against Vladimir Kramnik in 40th Chess Olympiad, in Istanbul in 2012? Because some things have to be watched again and again. | Kramnik v Ivanchuk, 40th Chess Olympiad, September 5, 2012 pic.twitter.com/7cpqimEvv7 — Olimpiu G. Urcan (@OlimpiuUrcan) May 4, 2016
- Vassily Ivanchuk is 7-time Capablanca Memorial championChessbase reports: The Capablanca Memorial is a tournament with a long tradition. The first of these events to honor the Cuban Champion was played in 1962, this year saw the 51st edition. Six of the previous 50 tournaments were won by Vassily Ivanchuk. This year he won for the seventh time. With four wins and … Continue reading “Vassily Ivanchuk is 7-time Capablanca Memorial champion”