News about Veselin Topalov
- Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017The defending champion, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, defeated Pavel Eljanov in Round 3 of the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017, to take solo lead after the round with 2.5 points. Shamkir Chess 2017 Round 3 Results Replay all Round 3 games below: Shamkir Chess 2017 Ranking After Round 3 Replay all Shamkir Chess 2017 … Continue reading “Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017”Advertisements
- Pavel Eljanov Leads Shamkir Chess 2017 after Round 2Replay the games here.
- 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017
- March 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateGM Wesley So is now officially the No. 2 chess player in the world, in the March 2017 FIDE Ratings list, up one notch from last month’s. Moreover, it should be noted that this is the first time that there are 5 2800+ players in the list, after MVL made a comeback to the 2800-club. … Continue reading “March 2017 FIDE Ratings Update”
- Nakamura wins Gibraltar 2017 titleHikaru Nakamura and Yu Yangyi won their respective games in the final Round 10 of Tradewise Gibraltar Masters 2017, to get a shot at the title when David Antón Guijarro drew his game against Michael Adams. At the end of Round 10, Guijarro, Nakamura, and Yu were tied, thus necessitated a playoff: Tradewise Gibraltar Masters … Continue reading “Nakamura wins Gibraltar 2017 title”
- Guijarro leads Gibraltar 2017 with 1 round to goDavid Anton Guijarro beats Veselin Topalov in the penultimate Round 9 of Tradewise Gibraltar Masters 2017 () to take the solo lead with 1 round to go. He might only be the 24th seed (ELO 2650) coming into this tournament, but he finds himself ahead of household names in the chess world such as Hikaru … Continue reading “Guijarro leads Gibraltar 2017 with 1 round to go”
- Replay: Tradewise Gibraltar Chess Festival 2017
- Wesley So Wins London Chess Classic 2016 and Grand Chess Tour 2016 TitlesIt’s a proud moment for Wesley So. He ends the year on a high note. This, after Wesley So drew his final round game against Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, while his closest contender for the London title, Fabiano Caruana, settled for draws as well against Anish Giri. London Chess Classic 2016 Round 9 Results Interesting to note … Continue reading “Wesley So Wins London Chess Classic 2016 and Grand Chess Tour 2016 Titles”
- Wesley So Leads London Chess Classic 2016 with 1 Round to goAll games were drawn in the penultimate Round 8, except, of course, no surprise there — the Topalov game. Replay all Round 8 games below:
- London Chess Classic 2016 Ranking After Round 7Replay all the Round 7 games below: Replay all the games in London Chess Classic 2016.
Discuss about Veselin Topalov
- March 2017 FIDE Ratings Update