News about Wesley So
- Kramnik wins in Round 4 Shamkir Chess 2017Vladimir Kramnik won his game against Pentala Harikrishna in Round 4 of 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial — Shamkir Chess 2017. The rest of the match-ups were drawn. Shamkir Chess 2017 Round 4 Results Thus, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov still leads at the end of Round 4, with 5 more rounds to go: AdvertisementsAdvertisements
- Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017The defending champion, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, defeated Pavel Eljanov in Round 3 of the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017, to take solo lead after the round with 2.5 points. Shamkir Chess 2017 Round 3 Results Replay all Round 3 games below: Shamkir Chess 2017 Ranking After Round 3 Replay all Shamkir Chess 2017 … Continue reading “Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017”
- Pavel Eljanov Leads Shamkir Chess 2017 after Round 2Replay the games here.
- 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017
- Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 TitleWesley So and Alexander Onischuk were tied for first place at the end of the final Round 11. Two rapid tie-break games were all it took to decide the US Chess Champion for 2017 — no need for an Armageddon game. US Chess Championship 2017 Tie-Break Results Wesley So won the first game after opting … Continue reading “Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 Title”
- Wesley So and Alexander Onischuk Headed to the Playoff for the US Chess Championship 2017 TitleWesley So settled for draw after a three-fold repetition against Daniel Naroditsky in the final Round 11 of US Chess Championship 2017 after just 14 moves. Wesley was so disappointed he was forced by Naroditsky to a draw, he hurriedly went out of the playing building and refused to give interviews. Wesley later commented on … Continue reading “Wesley So and Alexander Onischuk Headed to the Playoff for the US Chess Championship 2017 Title”
- Analyzed: Jeffery Xiong vs. Wesley So – Round 9 US Chess Championship 2017GM Pepe Cuenca of Spain is ecstatic with excitement as he analyzes and explains this great win by Wesley So, playing as black, against the United State’s most promising youngster, Jeffery Xiong. He calls this game one of the best finishes in chess in the last year or two. Watch the video analysis below: Replay … Continue reading “Analyzed: Jeffery Xiong vs. Wesley So – Round 9 US Chess Championship 2017”
- So and Akobian Lead US Chess Championship 2017 after Round 9, with 2 Rounds to goIn Round 9 action of the US Chess Championship 2017, Wesley So won against Jeffery Xiong, while Hikaru Nakamura and Fabiano Caruana both lost to Alexander Onischuk and Varuzhan Akobian, respectively. Replay all Round 9 games below: Thus, at the end of Round 9, Wesley So and Varuzhan Akobian share the lead, with two more … Continue reading “So and Akobian Lead US Chess Championship 2017 after Round 9, with 2 Rounds to go”
- So vs. Nakamura in Round 8 US Chess Championship 2017Here’s the match-ups for the 8th round of the US CHess Championship 2017: Most interesting is the match up between Wesley So and Hikaru Nakamura.
- US Chess Championship 2017 Round 7 ResultsYaroslav Zherebukh wins against Fabiano Caruana in Round 7 of the US Chess Championship 2017, to join Wesley So at the top of the ranking. Wesley So, meanwhile, splits the point with Ray Robson in the same round. US Chess Championship 2017 Round 7 Results Replay Round 7 games below:
Discuss about Wesley So
- Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 Title