News about Wesley So
- Garry Kasparov on the most likely next challenger to Magnus CarlsenGarry Kasparov joined the podcast host Tyler Cowen for the latter’s program/podcast called Conversations with Tyler. In that episode, Kasparov discussed his views and opinions about AI (Artificial Intelligence), chess, and the future of creativity. Towards the end of the interview, Cowen asked Kasparov who he thinks will be the most likely next challenger to … Continue reading “Garry Kasparov on the most likely next challenger to Magnus Carlsen”Advertisements
- May 2017 FIDE Ratings UpdateIn this month’s FIDE ratings update, Vladimir Kramnik is back at No. 3 and Levon Aronian at No. 6. FIDE Ratings Top 20 – May 2017 Check out the complete Top 100 list for May 2017.
- Mamedyarov Wins Shamkir Chess 2017Shakhriyar Mamedyarov successfully defended his title as he won the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial — Shamkir Chess 2017. This happened despite having lost the Round 8 game against Radoslaw Wojtaszek. Wesley So wasn’t able to catch up as he drew both his Round 8 and 9 games. Round 8 Results Karjakin, Sergey – Eljanov, Pavel … Continue reading “Mamedyarov Wins Shamkir Chess 2017”
- Topalov, So and Mamedyarov win in Round 6 Shamkir Chess 2017It was an action-packed Round 6 of the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017, as 3 of the 5 games were decisive. It’s now two-in-a-row for Wesley So, after a slow start in this tournament, as he won this round again, this time against Sergey Karjakin.
- Wesley So Beats Kramnik in Round 5 Shamkir Chess 2017Wesley So won his Round 5 game against the former World Champion, Vladimir Kramnik, in the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017. As such, So reclaimed the 2nd place in the live ratings ranking: Meanwhile, Sergey Karjakin also won in this round against another former FIDE World Champion, Veselin Topalov.
- Kramnik wins in Round 4 Shamkir Chess 2017Vladimir Kramnik won his game against Pentala Harikrishna in Round 4 of 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial — Shamkir Chess 2017. The rest of the match-ups were drawn. Shamkir Chess 2017 Round 4 Results Thus, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov still leads at the end of Round 4, with 5 more rounds to go:
- Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017The defending champion, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov, defeated Pavel Eljanov in Round 3 of the 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017, to take solo lead after the round with 2.5 points. Shamkir Chess 2017 Round 3 Results Replay all Round 3 games below: Shamkir Chess 2017 Ranking After Round 3 Replay all Shamkir Chess 2017 … Continue reading “Mamedyarov Takes Lead after Round 3 – Shamkir Chess 2017”
- Pavel Eljanov Leads Shamkir Chess 2017 after Round 2Replay the games here.
- 4th Vugar Gashimov Memorial – Shamkir Chess 2017
- Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 TitleWesley So and Alexander Onischuk were tied for first place at the end of the final Round 11. Two rapid tie-break games were all it took to decide the US Chess Champion for 2017 — no need for an Armageddon game. US Chess Championship 2017 Tie-Break Results Wesley So won the first game after opting … Continue reading “Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 Title”
Discuss about Wesley So
- Wesley So Wins US Chess Championship 2017 Title