News about Wesley So
- Final Result: The 2016 China-USA Chess Grandmaster SummitDing Liren indeed drew blood in the 3rd game. He wins the match at 2.5-1.5. Replay all the 4 games below.Advertisements
- Wesley So vs. Ding Liren; Round 2, China-USA Chess Grandmaster Summit 2016After 61 moves, both parties agreed to a draw. Replay the game below: This match up is scheduled for four games only. Are we gonna see all four games come down to all draws? We hope to see some action in the last two round. Stay tuned for more updates about this matchup. Like our … Continue reading “Wesley So vs. Ding Liren; Round 2, China-USA Chess Grandmaster Summit 2016”
- Ding Liren vs. Wesley So; China-USA Chess Grandmaster Summit 2016 R.1Ding Liren wasn’t able to capitalize on his white advantage. The players will turn tables on Round 2.
- Ding Liren vs. Wesley So in The 2016 China-USA Chess Grandmaster SummitThe 2016 China-USA Chess Grandmaster Summit Match sees Chinese no. 1 Ding Liren take on US Top 10 player Wesley So in a four-game match in Shanghai, China. The event takes place from 4-8 May in Shanghai Haiwan National Forest Park and is sponsored by Bright Food, with the winner taking $20,000 and the loser … Continue reading “Ding Liren vs. Wesley So in The 2016 China-USA Chess Grandmaster Summit”
- May 2016 FIDE Ratings ListThe updated ratings for May 2016 are out. Here’s the the top 20: See how 80% of the Top 10 are 90’s babies, i.e., they were born in the 1990’s. It speaks volumes about the quality of computer support these kids got especially when they were starting out. Anyway, Wesley So retains his hold onto … Continue reading “May 2016 FIDE Ratings List”
- Wesley So vs. Garry Kasparov; Round 10 Blitz Game AnalyzedHere is the Round 10 game of Wesley So vs. Garry Kasparov of the recently concluded US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016, as explained and analyzed by IM John Bartholomew. If you’re not yet convinced this is the best blitz game ever played, then I don’t know what else is.
- US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016 (All Games)
- Final Standings: US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016The last day of the challenge has finished, and Hikaru Nakamura came out to be the overall winner, followed by Wesley So with a full point behind. Garry Kasparov retained his 3rd rank from Day 1, and so did Fabiano Caruana, the champion of the US Chess Championship 2016, his tailender. Wesley So’s round 10 … Continue reading “Final Standings: US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016”
- Wesley So leads Day 1 of the US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 20169 Rounds down, and 9 rounds to go. Wesley So lost his very first game in this tournament/challenge against the legendary Garry Kasparov, but he managed to get back at the latter in their next two matchups (thus, their score so far is 2-1 in favor of So). He even come out ahead of the … Continue reading “Wesley So leads Day 1 of the US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016”
- Garry Kasparov vs. Wesley So in Round 1, US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016Wesley So is facing off Garry Kasparov in the very first round of the US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016, the continuation of the US Chess Championship 2016. We’re bringing it to you live! UPDATE: Kasparov won the Round 1 game against Wesley So. Replay the game below. Check out the update about the results of … Continue reading “Garry Kasparov vs. Wesley So in Round 1, US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016”
Discuss about Wesley So
- Final Standings: US Ultimate Blitz Challenge 2016