News about Wesley So
- Wesley So vs. Garry Kasparov (2016)You heard it right. It’s happening! In 6 blitz games. As a bonus to the US Chess Championship 2016 event, the top 3 finishers, which of course include Fabiano Caruana, Wesley So, and Hikaru Nakamura, all members of the top 10 in the recent FIDE Ratings List, will play in a 4-way sextuple round robin … Continue reading “Wesley So vs. Garry Kasparov (2016)”Advertisements
- US Chess Championship 2016 (All Games) Replay
- US Chess Championship 2016 Final StandingsFabiano Caruana wins his last game against IM Akshat Chandra to establish a full point solo lead at the recently concluded US Chess Championship 2016. Wesley So settled for 2nd place where he shared the score 7.5 with Hikaru Nakamura.
- Alexander Shabalov vs. Wesley So
- US Championship Open?On Chessbase news: US Championship 2016 – The strongest ever? Three top ten players start in the US Championship 2016 and nominally it is the strongest US Championship of all times. But can you really compare today’s tournaments with those of the past? Andy Soltis takes a look at previous Championships that were surprisingly strong and … Continue reading “US Championship Open?”
- So’s Sweet RevengeUS Chess Champs, 5: So’s sweet revenge In 2015 Wesley So’s US Championship was derailed when he lost a 6-move forfeit game against Varuzhan Akobian. This year they got to play a full game, or at least 24 moves, which was all it took for So to crush his opponent. Sweet revenge, indeed!
Discuss about Wesley So
- US Chess Championship 2016 Final Standings