Eight of the top ten players are set to participate in the 2017 edition of the Grand Chess Tour. One rapid and blitz event was added to the events line-up from last year, i.e., the Saint Louis Rapid, which should follow soon after the Sinquefield Cup.
It’s a great year ahead, indeed, for chess fans for 2017.
Confirmed Participants for Grand Chess Tour 2017
- Magnus Carlsen (Norway), world no. 1, 2838
- Fabiano Caruana (USA), world no. 2, 2827
- Wesley So (USA), world no. 3, 2822
- Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (France), world no. 5, 2796
- Viswanathan Anand (India), world no. 6, 2786
- Levon Aronian (Armenia), world no. 7, 2785
- Hikaru Nakamura (USA), world no. 8, 2785
- Sergey Karjakin (Russia), world no. 9, 2783
- Ian Nepomniachtchi (Russia), world no. 17, 2749
Read more about it here.
Jonald F. Olandres
Let the battles begin!!!
Go Wesley So.
Jonathanbisco, I thank you for your bright & splended cheer-up for GM Wesley So!!!. He is my Bacooranian friend in the USA, from San Diego, Calif. — Pan
Conquer the top of the tournament. You are a true chess wizard. God bless.